Monday, May 4, 2009

My Chinese Family

This is Jenny and Brian. Brian is Pan Su Xiang's (bus lady) son. We went over to their house again on Sunday. We had a good time. As we were talking my name came up. I was telling them that I just need a new chinese name because the characters are too hard for me to write and it is too hard for me to say correctly. I hate the confused look I get every time I say my name. Everyone always thinks my name is a type of tea because I can't ever get the tones right. I am officially renamed. My name is Liu Chun Hua. We changed mine and Seantay's sir name to Liu because we decided we should just be family. It made me so happy to see how excited Jenny got as we told her our idea of changing our sir names. When Brian came home he renamed me to be Chun Hua. Chun means/can be used to describle spring, a fresh start, lively, or lovely. Hua means/can be used to describe royalty, to save or help grow. I love it! So we are officially a part of the Liu family. I am so happy!


Our cute little mixed family. As I think about it I am amazed at how a little thing like talking to a lady on a bus can lead us to such awesome people. We have become such good friends and now we are family. I am so happy for the opportunity we have to get to know them better and do things with them. They are so incredibly good to us. I hope we can help them as much as they help us.


No comments:

Post a Comment