Sunday, May 3, 2009

The lion dance competition

I am glad I got this picture of Seantay because this is the perfect look of pure amazement that I was feeling. This was one of the coolest things we have been able to see!
Ok, I did a bad job at downloading these in a good order so just bare with me as I tell this little story. Then we will get to the competition. These little kids behind us we so cute and so we kept turning around to play with them. One time Katie was playing this game with them where she would hide behind the chair and pop up to scare them. Their reactions every time were so funny I was laughing really hard. So as I am laughing Seantay yells over to me. "Hey you guys are on the t.v.!" So I looked up at the big screen and there we were. Katie was hiding behind the chair and I am just laughing my butt off. I GOT ON THE BIG SCREEN! I have never been on the big screen at anything!
The competition was incredible! There is two guys underneath this costume and they have to do this routine on these poles. I couldn't believe the things they were doing! They would get on top of each other and do all this footwork from pole to pole. They would even do these cool jumps from pole to pole. I was so nervous for them the entire time I was letting out these involuntary screams. I am glad it was noisy in there. I would have been really annoying to everyone around me. IT WAS SO COOL! These pictures don't even do it justice.



Candice, me, Katie, Seantay and our Kung Fu teacher Spring. Spring is so good to us. We have been able to do Kungfu for the past 3 months, 3 times a week, for free. We have learned a lot. I really enjoy it. I especially love the kicking. I have come to a couple of conclusions about myself. I was born to be in the mountains and I was born to kick things. I can't get enough of either one. I miss the mountains so much. Ok, I have learned more about myself than that while I have been here...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment