Saturday, April 11, 2009

The bike ride to the mud caves

This Banyan tree is huge and incredily old. There are areas of the tree just covered in little red envelopes put up there by women with babies. When ever their little babies would cry at night they would go put the little red envelopes in the tree hoping that by doing this that their babies would sleep that night.

In front of the huge Banyan tree.
This is just another example of the beautiful mountains in Guilin. I couldn't help but feel like I was in a Dr. Suess book the whole time I was there.



We biked for most of the day. It was so nice to be in the middle of all these beautiful mountains and wide open spaces. I loved not being in a crazy city for one day.




1 comment:

  1. I would need a huge Banyan tree all to myself for the crying babies at night. I can only imagine how many red letters there are on there. Good thing that I don't need them anymore..... cross my fingers.

    ReplyDelete