Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's part two.

Why am I so excited? Let me tell you...
Annie and I had walked down to the supermarket to get some things for breakfast. We heard some weird music and saw all these valentine's decorations. We had to go see what the big deal was. We got there just in time for the last performance. This guy was doing the weirdest dance I had ever seen. The only way I can somewhat explain it is by saying it was a Chinese tribal dance. It was so cool!
We were about to go when Annie said, "I really want a picture with him but I am too scared." It took us about 5 minutes to decide if we should leave or go get a picture. Finally we came to the conclusion that we are white and we can do what ever we want and they would think it was cool. Seriously compared to some of the stuff they have done to us this was nothing. So we walked up and I took the picture because I was too scared.
Then this dancing chinese guy's clan wanted us to come up on stage and get a picture with them. They were all screaming in their cute accents, "Two English people!" I heard one guy say, "Woohoo! The two english words I know." I thought that was really funny. They were all so excited that we were in our picture. Dancer guy was red the whole time. SO FUNNY!
Basically two hobo american girls went to the grocery store, saw dancer guy dance, got roses for valentine's day, got pictures with a bunch of random people and were really excited about it.
This is why China is so awesome. These random weird things pop up all over the place. Our room mates thought we were dumb for being excited about it but if they would have been there they would have been excited about it too.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristy Kay! This is Diane (Morgan's Mom). I am so excited to see your pictures and hear that you are having a great time in China! You and Morgan are such brave girls and I am so proud that you are seeing the world! Have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...Kristy i think that China has to many parties for you...You're going to have to cut back on this party stuff! haha just kidding! enjoy! It's funny because everytime i look at your blog you're talking about some new party thing. the new years that lasted 2 weeks...latern...valentines. will they have st. patricks? that one would be fun! lol miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete